Website Harding & Howells
We are looking for a Live-in Housekeeper / Cook for a delightful VIP family who live just outside Oslo in Norway.
- Location: Half an hour outside Oslo, Norway
- Hours: Flexible Hours (5/6 hours a day) Monday – Friday plus Saturday mornings
- Accommodation: You will have a room in the house with a shared bathroom
- Salary: Negotiable
- Start Date: As soon as possible
This is a wonderful job working for a high profile English speaking Principal, her parents and her adult son in their 4 bedroom farmhouse half an hour from Oslo. You will be required to carry out all housekeeping duties in their beautiful home including cleaning, tidying, laundry, mopping floors, polishing, dusting and ironing ensuring it is maintained to a very high standard.
In addition this role requires the preparation of a light lunch for two people daily and an evening meal for four. The successful candidate should also be able to cook for occasional dinner parties for 12 – 14 people. The family has several pets including dogs, cats and horses.
- At least 5 years experience working in similar roles with a stable CV.
- Experienced family cook able to cook fresh, healthy and varied meals for the family daily, along with the ability to cater for occasional larger dinner parties. You will also have a willingness to learn new cuisines and recipes.
- Excellent proven housekeeping skills with the ability and dedication to have the house always looking in immaculate condition. A candidate that takes pride in their work is essential.
- Candidates will have a strong work ethic and the ability to be flexible.
- Ability to drive is advantageous but not essential.
- Strong English or Norwegian Language skills
- Excellent verifiable references
- Love of family pets including dogs and horses.
- Non Smoker
- EU Passport/ Eligibility to work in Norway