This weekend I hosted my first weekend visitor from the UK. Charlotte arrived in near torrential rain but most of the weekend we were treated to glorious sunshine. We went to the viking museum but I’m going to write a separate post about that. Here’s a list of other stuff we did:
- Took the T-Bane to Frognerseteren and had a great al-fresco lunch with beautiful desserts. And spicy cocoa!
- Looked at the Holmenkollen ski-jump, thought about what ski-jumping must be like and wee’d a little
- Drank red wine
- Ate breakfast on the balcony
- Took the boat to Bygdøy and got lost
- Took every form of public transport available in 48hrs (train, coach, bus, tram, boat, metro)
- Charlotte tried brown cheese for the first time… and liked it!
- Enjoyed a little gathering at my apartment with some friends
- Lent Kathrine my Labyrinth DVD. She’s never seen it. Her life is about to change.
- Ate too many pølser
- Introduced Charlotte to my favourite Oslo bars, Blå and Mekaniske Verksted
- Wandered around the Vigeland Sculpture Park
- Watched some skateboard event on a hill with DJs, and got knocked off my feet by an errant skateboard. It hurt!
- Got sunburnt… oops
Here’s some visual highlights: