Learn about the life of a modern diplomat as Artur Wilczynski joins David for the latest episode of the Life in Norway Show.
I'm pleased to welcome my first Canadian guest to the Life in Norway Show, but not just any Canadian. Artur Wilczynski moved to Norway in 2014 to take up the role of Canadian Ambassador to Norway.
Since taking up the post, the Ambassador has travelled Norway extensively meeting Canadians living in Norway and talking to Norwegians about the country's relationship with Canada.
I'm honoured that Artur took time out of what you'll hear is a very busy schedule to give an honest interview about what life is like as a diplomat in the modern age. I hope you enjoy this show as much as I did making it! If you do, please consider supporting the show on Patreon from just $2 per month.
Listen to the show here:
You can listen to the show right here without leaving the page, just hit the green button on the podcast player below. Alternatively you can use the links to find us on iTunes and Stitcher, or even listen to the show (audio only) on YouTube.
We talk about:
- How an Ambassador becomes an Ambassador
- The role of a diplomat in 2017
- The areas in which Norway and Canada have a common interest
- Whether Artur lives a Canadian or a Norwegian lifestyle
- If learning the language is a requirement of working as a diplomat
- The parts of Norway Artur has enjoyed the most
- The surprising thing that frustrates Artur about Oslo
Links from the show:
- Embassy of Canada to Norway
- Follow Artur Wilczynski on Twitter
- The Lofoten Islands
- Living in Oslo
- Support the Life in Norway Show on Patreon
Enjoying the Life in Norway Show?
Please consider supporting us from just $2 per month – that's less than the price of a simple black coffee here in Norway!
Not only will your support guarantee the future of the show, supporters get access to exclusive Q&A podcasts where you can ask any question about Norway. You’ll also get massive discounts on all eBooks we produce. Support the show here.
You can also share this episode on Pinterest: